Required: English and Dutch (professional level), valid full work permit for Netherlands
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract with intention to extend
36 – 40 hours per week
Salary range: € 3000-3500 (based on 40 hours)
Applications are open until July 23!
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your marketing and communications experience to make the world a better place? Would you like to develop your leadership skills and support connection and collaboration in the international peace and justice community? Would you like to contribute to the successful growth and professionalisation of a unique social enterprise?
The Hague Humanity Hub is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to further develop and execute marketing and communication strategies and systems to support our mission. The main objectives are effective, multi-channel campaigns for programmes and services, improving our communications systems (e.g. website, CRM) to effectively grow and engage our communities.
You are the ideal candidate if you have more than 3 years of relevant work experience in digital marketing and communications. You can combine strategic insight with creativity and a structured, pragmatic, and hands-on approach. You have proven ability to create multi-channel campaigns (e.g., websites, newsletters, blogs, social media), and make excellent text and visuals. You know how to get the best out of automation systems (e.g., social media, email campaigning, CRM). You are a self-starter, can zoom in and out from a strategic to operational level and can juggle competing priorities.
What will you be doing?
In this role you develop and execute the Humanity Hub communications strategy and branding. You develop digital campaigns and marketing material, position the Hub via various platforms, partnerships, and channels, providing value for members and ensure brand coherence and adherence. You also support other communications processes such as recruitment and paid comms support for external programmes. You will have the opportunity to represent the Hub at events, be the project lead for specific projects and programmes, and help develop the hub strategy.
You will report to the Managing Director and work closely with Hub core team members to develop and run campaigns for programming and community development and campus services. You will be supervising one or two Junior Marcom Officers (interns) and managing external suppliers such as web developers and designers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the entire marketing and communications strategy and execution and acting as single point of contact for all activities and partners
- Designing and managing marketing, communication, and promotional campaigns and materials for all programmes, events, and services to gain new and returning customers and participants
- Develop, implement and manage the social media strategy, and stay up to date with the latest social media best practices
- Creating and publishing appealing content and visuals for increasing engagement, brand awareness and generating new leads
- Identifying and generating opportunities to promote member events and initiatives
- Project manage the ongoing implementation of the brand refresh and new interactive website, working with web development vendors and coordinating design and content processes
- Defining most important communication KPIs and measuring the success of the Hub’s communications
- Analysing, optimising and updating the Humanity Hub comms channels incl. websites, social media and newsletters
- Ensuring consistent brand experience across all campaign and communication
- Selecting and managing communications tools and suppliers
- Coaching other team members in communications and working with the whole Hub team on planning and delivery
- Develop and manage relations with regional, national, and international media
- Build and maintain relationships with programming and communications partners
- Creating (international) awareness of the Hub community and generating opportunities for the Hub community and ecosystem to connect
- Representing the Humanity Hub at internal and external events and partner meetings
- Maintain a keen understanding of developments and trends in the ecosystem and translate these into implications for Hub strategy and programmes
- Manage and support the development of a communications intern (Junior Communications Officer)
- Continuously improve the Hub’s knowledge management and capabilities for all aspects related to communications (eg. people, content, tools, templates)
- Work with the community development team to ensure ongoing relevant communication with community members including via digital community platform
What you bring
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
- Hands-on experience with a multitude of communication tools and channels, including the management of social media, websites, CRM, and using digital tools to optimize communication and engagement with thousands of contacts
- Superior writing and editing skills in English and clear style of communication
- Clear sense of design and branding and ability to produce on brand visual content
- Working knowledge of Dutch (B2) for interacting with partners and suppliers
- You are a creative thinker with a structured approach, flexible working style and a hands-on “get it done” mentality
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects and ability to handle pressure of deadlines
- You have an HBO or WO education in Marketing and Communication or equivalent
- You love working with different organizations in a dynamic international environment
- You enjoy working in a small dynamic team with lots of ambition
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in growth marketing and online sales
- Work experience within purpose led and social innovation sectors
- Experience in a multistakeholder environment across government, private and public sectors
- Live in The Hague
What we offer:
- 1 year contract based on 36 – 40 hours per week with possibility to extend
- Full time (40 hours) salary range of € 3000 – 3500, depending on experience
- 8% holiday money and 25 days of holiday (based on 100%)
- Pension contribution
- A communication, and home working allowance
- Flexible working conditions with some ability to work from home
- You are part of an ambitious and growing social organisation with a lot of space to develop and implement your ideas
- An energetic and goal-oriented organisational culture and informal team
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in the heart of The Hague
- An inspiring network of international professionals who contribute to a more peaceful and just world
WANT TO WORK WITH US? APPLY TODAY!
Send your CV and motivation letter to Jill Wilkinson firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.