- This event has passed.
Global Prison Trends at the 14th UN Crime Congress
10 March, 2021 All day
PRI is holding a side event at the 14th UN Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice to consider some of the key trends and challenges in prison systems worldwide, with insight from the upcoming Global Prison Trends 2021. In particular, the discussions will explore:
- The impact of COVID-19 on prisons globally and trends in responses and outcomes;
- Trends in penitentiary policy and practice, including around health and mental health, the use of capital punishment and life imprisonment;
- Prison populations and issues for people belonging to specific groups in prisons;
- Challenges in prison management, including security and violence, the situation for prison staff and the role of new technologies in prison and the wider justice system.
Note: access to this event in real time is limited to registered participants of the UN Crime Congress, but PRI will post a recording of the event once available. Registration for the Crime Congress is now closed.
- 14:00 – 15:30 JST / 05.00 – 06.30 GMT