Global Risk Advice – Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
4 December @ 8:00 am – 6 December @ 5:00 pm
Our member, Global Risk Advice, is giving a 3-day, residential course, designed for those who contribute to the world in challenging, remote, or hostile regions. In areas of poor governance, conflict, and natural disasters or facing threats of war, crime and conflict can result in real danger and medical facilities can be few, substandard, or remote.
HEAT participants learn to recognize, assess and avoid or handle risks. Should an incident occur, they are trained to respond according to best practices in the field that optimize and promote the likelihood of a positive outcome. The course is designed to be safe, encouraging and enjoyable, combining practical challenges with relevant theory. Our certified trainers support and coach participants during the training as well as the period after. This rounded approach enables you to apply learned objectives into daily practice.
- Mission preparations and disaster preparedness
- Medical accident response
- Performance under pressure/stress management skills
- Risk-reducing behavior regarding crime, corruption and other situations
- Communication skill-building
- Weapon awareness
- Gender-specific risks
- Handling detentions, kidnappings, and interrogations