In 2014, the CHS is launched with the aim of bringing and ensuring better quality and accountability of humanitarian response and aid. KUNO brings the two-day Introduction to the Core Humanitarian Standard of the CHS Alliance to the Hague. A workshop that will introduce the framework, address all the nine principles, its practical application, and its verification framework. Humanitarian professionals, or others who wish to learn about the CHS, are cordially invited to join this workshop that will be given by Karen Glisson.
- Differentiate accurately between the humanitarian principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, and neutrality, and explain their importance;
- List the nine commitments of the Core Humanitarian Standard and explain how each contributes to the delivery of a quality humanitarian response;
- Give examples of good practice drawn from their own experience, from other participants and more widely from the sector;
- Act as advocates and peer leaders on the importance of quality, accountability and good people management in humanitarian action;
- Facilitate introductory training on the Core Humanitarian Standard within and/or beyond their own organisations.