After last year’s success, KUNO will organize another Summer Course. In this two-day course, humanitarian academics and experienced humanitarian professionals will discuss all relevant aspects of humanitarian work. A mixture of practical knowledge, debates and working sessions, will feed your brain, enhance your efficiency as a humanitarian worker and strengthen your network.
- Day 1 morning – Humanitarian principles & International Humanitarian Law; including access, humanitarian negotiations
- Day 1 afternoon – Global humanitarian governance; including a changing context and scenarios for humanitarian action
- Day 2 morning – Humanitarian efficiency and effectivity (WHS, Grand Bargain); including WHS, Grand Bargain, and new actors.
- Day 2 afternoon – Innovation in the humanitarian sector
Each speaker will lead one of the four sessions;
– Katrien Coppens (TBC): Delegate General Director, Medecins Sans Frontieres, on principles, access and negotiations.
– Thea Hilhorst: Professor of Humanitarian Aid and Reconstruction, Institute of Social Studies, on global humanitarian governance
– Hans van den Hoogen: Senior Humanitarian Advisor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on efficiency & effectivity, and new actors.
– Thomas Baar: HumanityX, Centre for Innovation Leiden University, on innovation.