*Applications are closed! Please follow us on our social channels and newsletter to stay in touch.*
We’re looking for motivated people to join our Café and Events team to support our service and bring it to the next level!
Type: Part time
Location: The Hague Humanity Hub, Fluwelen Burgwal 58 2511 CJ The Hague
What will you do
- Be a friendly face and support our community of innovators
- Provide coffee, tea and refreshments to meeting rooms
- Help set up and rearrange our meeting rooms and event spaces
- Support the smooth execution of events
- Ensure good lunch service and tend the cash register
- Stock supplies and refill coffee machines
Who we are looking for
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community
- A flexible, can-do attitude
- Thinking on your feet, with an eye for detail
- Not afraid to jump in and help where needed, and suggest improvements
- English and (ideally) Dutch, on a good conversational level
- Some hospitality or barista experience (ideally)
- Available some weekdays and evenings (rarely weekends)
What to expect
- Very international and interesting community of member organizations
- Exclusive location in the centre of The Hague, near the central station
- Great atmosphere, beautiful work setting
- Informal and open culture, with young and friendly vibe
- Minimum shift length of 3 hours during weekdays/evenings
- Good hourly wages
Want to work with us?
Send your CV and a few lines on why you are interested and think that you are a great fit to Kyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Café and Events staff’ in the subject line.
Next interview session: Monday 17 September 2018, 14:00-15:00
About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Hague Humanity Hub, based at the Fluwelen Burgwal in central The Hague, officially opened its doors on the 2nd of January 2018. The Hague Humanity Hub is a unique platform, where forward-thinking organizations and people are united by their drive to develop innovative solutions to today’s global challenges in peace, justice, and humanitarian action. Besides a professional workplace, the Hub offers access to an open and diverse community for innovation, co-creation, and knowledge exchange. Among its first members are UN OCHA center for humanitarian data, HiiL, Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation, HumanityX, and World Resources Institute. Within 5 months of opening, the Hub already has more than 30 members organizations.