HiiL is growing fast. The size and complexity of our projects is increasing. More and more we deliver one value proposition to our clients, which requires the collaboration of our different areas of expertise: data, innovation, and transformation. Sometimes this includes different funders. Often the work takes place in countries in Africa and the Middle East.
We are looking for an experienced project manager, familiar in the field of projects in the not-for-profit organisations. He/she will help HiiL deliver the ‘user friendly justice’ we stand for in the most effective and efficient way possible.
The person we are looking for takes responsibility from initial project development, including the proposal and planning phase, until project completion. He/she delivers projects on time and within budget, by planning and organising finances, resources and people. Can you shift readily between the “big picture” and the small-but-crucial details? Do you enjoy working under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in a very dynamic international environment? Do you have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled?
In view of a number of large partnerships that have been concluded at the end of the year we are looking for somebody who can help us set up the project organisation and planning for that project. This will be on an interim basis. We are also seeking to fill this position long term.
- Set objectives in line with organisation and client needs, which may include scope, content, timings and budget
- Liaise with the managers of the different HiiL Product Groups to ensure the right expertise is available in the project team
- Plan work and set deadlines to meet the agreed project objectives
- Select, lead and motivate your project team including both internal and external stakeholder organisations
- Monitor the work to make sure it is on time and within budget
- Co-ordinate the work of project team and delegate tasks where appropriate
- Identify and manage project risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Implement any changes throughout the process
- Report regularly to management and the client.
- Takes ownership!
- Has 8+ years of proven experience as a project manager in teams with international high level professionals
- Has strong communication skills that facilitate collaboration with people at all levels
- Has leadership and team building skills as well as a high level of ethics and integrity
- Extensive experience with Project management software such as ASANA
- Loves to solve problems and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Has a clear motivation for supporting our user-friendly justice innovations
- Excellent English is a must and a good understanding of French is a plus
- Having worked in a small business, social enterprise, NGO environment etc. is a plus
- Is adventurous and interested in travelling to unstable countries
- Starting date: February 2019
- We are offering a full-time position with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Are you the interim project manager we are looking for? Or are you interested in the position? Let us know!
Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This, and other opportunities, on the HiiL website