HiiL is looking for a Quantitative Data Analyst. We are a social enterprise, based in The Hague, that works to improve access to justice. You will join the Measuring Justice team. As a Quantitative Data Analyst you will develop and implement quantitative research projects. This includes designing surveys, managing data collection, analysing data, and visualising this data in a user-friendly way. The team collects the voices of thousands of people through the Justice Needs and Satisfaction tool. This is a unique, bottom-up approach to justice. It allows the team to map out people’s actual legal problems and their experiences with justice. The tool is adjusted to the country context and provides in-depth knowledge.
The team is looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working internationally and wants to use data to drive justice innovation. Do you have a strong understanding of both descriptive and inferential statistics? Are you able to communicate results in a user-friendly and convincing manner? Are you a team player who can work across departments and easily switch between collaboration and working individually? Do you have a basic understanding of coding and are you hoping to develop this skill more? Then join us as a Quantitative Data Analyst.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Team’s products and services
- Assist with data collection and analytics
- Fulfill the role of project manager and coordinate, among others, survey design, data collection, data cleaning, organisation of workshops, communication with local stakeholders, etc.
- Manage quantitative data and the use of technology, such as Stata and SPSS and ensure data is current, accessible, accurate, and usable for quantitative projects
- Primary data analysis and report drafting
- Maintaining and further developing a data dashboard
- Presenting research findings to policy makers
- Writing project proposals as opportunities arise
Our new colleague:
- Has +2 years of work experience as a Quantitative Data Analyst
- Has a Master’s degree with a strong quantitative component in Social Sciences (economics/econometrics, sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, communication sciences, service design, computer science, business analytics and big data)
- Has proven experience in applying the following data management skills: Database design and management, data integrity etc.
- Has extensive experience in navigating database software, such as Excel, Stata, SPSS, R, Power bi databases
- Has the experience in communicating statistical findings to policy-makers/high level stakeholders
- Developed strong analytical and presentation skills
- Prioritizes, is accurate and has an eye for detail
- Loves to solve problems and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Is adventurous and interested in travelling to unstable countries
- Has basic experience in programming
- Knowledge of ODK/Survey CTO, Atlas.ti or similar is a plus.
- Fluent proficiency in English. Fluency in one other major world language (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, French) is a plus.
- Starting date: February 2019
- We are offering a full-time position for an initial period of 7 months with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Will you join us? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This, and other opportunities, on the HiiL website