The Hague Academy for Local Governance is a young, dynamic international organisation that aims to strengthen local democracy by organising training and knowledge exchange activities, both in The Netherlands and abroad. Our training participants work for national and local governments and civil society organisations from developing and transitional countries as well as for donor- and development partners such as UNDP, GIZ and international NGOs.
We are currently looking for an energetic, communicative and well organised programme manager/trainer to develop and deliver training programmes in the North Africa-region.
What we are looking for:
• Master’s degree, preferably in the area of Public Administration, Political Science, International Relations, or (international) Economics or Law.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the field of (local) governance in an international setting, preferably in the MENA-region.
• Demonstrable experience with developing and conducting training in a multicultural context.
• Experience with project management and fundraising.
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English and French and a good command of Dutch. Arabic speaking and writing skills are an advantage.
• Flexible and pro-active working attitude, with a drive to deliver high quality results.
• Strong intercultural sensitivity.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Willing to travel internationally on a regular basis (on average six to eight times a year).