Elva Community Engagement helps peacebuilding and stabilization organizations to collect, visualize and analyse reliable field data from hard-to-reach communities in conflict-affected areas in a responsible and sustainable manner.
From Eastern Ukraine to Syria and the Sahel, our ability to provide high-resolution, real-time data and trend analysis has unlocked better targeted and effective interventions for a range of different partners, from humanitarian organizations to local governments and peacebuilders.
Our work is being recognised and supported by leading international organisations including the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Union and other donors.
Where Elva works
Based in The Netherlands and Georgia, our work takes us to different conflict-affected areas in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Amongst others, we have worked on the following topics:
- Monitoring violent extremism in the Lake Chad region: mapping the influence of violent extremist organizations in Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon.
- Monitoring conflict and reconciliation trends in Syria: mapping data from local communities on violent incidents and attacks across the country.
- Monitoring community safety needs in Eastern Ukraine: working with a network of local community residents to monitor local security dynamics and incidents.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Your main task will be to assist in the writing of proposals to various proposals to tenders published by international organizations such as USAID, EU, the World Bank and others. Although you will receive extensive support from Elva’s directors, you are expected to work independently for the majority of any assignment.
Besides this, depending on your availability, personal interests and previous experience, you might be asked to work on tasks and activities, such as:
- Help drafting project proposals and reports to clients.
- Providing ad-hoc assistance on other running projects.
- Analysis of survey data and eyewitness reports from communities affected by violent extremism and conflict (mostly Africa and the Middle East).