The Hague Academy for Local Governance is a young, dynamic international organisation that aims to strengthen local democracy by organising training and knowledge exchange activities, both in The Netherlands and abroad. Our training participants work for national and local governments and civil society organisations from developing and transitional countries as well as for donor- and development partners such as UNDP, GIZ and international NGOs.
We are currently looking for a programme manager/trainer who will be responsible for the development and delivery of our training programmes in the field of water and climate governance.
– Developing short and multi-annual training programmes, mainly for government professionals but also for staff from NGOs, donor and development organisations.
– Facilitating training and knowledge exchange activities.
– Writing project proposals.
– Financial and logistic management of training projects.
– Keeping track of the latest developments in the field of water and climate governance.
What we ask for
• A master’s degree, preferably in the area of Public Administration or Environmental studies.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the field of (local) water or climate governance, of which at least three years in an international setting.
• Demonstrable experience with developing and conducting training in a multicultural context.
• Excellent proven project management and fundraising skills.
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English and preferably French and Dutch.
• Flexible and pro-active working attitude, with a drive to deliver high quality results.
• Strong intercultural sensitivity.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills.
• Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis (on average six to eight times a year).