About the organisation
Elva Community Engagement (www.elva.org) helps peacebuilding and stabilization organizations to collect, visualize and analyse reliable field data from hard-to-reach communities in conflict-affected areas in a responsible and sustainable manner.
From Eastern Ukraine to Syria and the Sahel, our ability to provide high-resolution, real-time data and trend analysis has unlocked better targeted and effective interventions for a range of different partners, from humanitarian organizations to local governments and peacebuilders.
Elva aims to implement research to identify opportunities for conflict transformation and stabilization programming in six West African states: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger and Burkina Faso. To map relevant local trends and dynamics, the research will cover amongst others the following key topics:
- Communities’ perspective on other population groups, potential inter-group tensions
- Degree of satisfaction with service provision / potential local grievances
- Degree of potential cross-border spillover of violent (extremist) activity, and other relevant cross-border dynamics
- Relevant social and religious trends
Research data will be collected in the following ways:
- Expert interviews: In-country interviews carried out with experts on relevant themes and geographies.
- Key informant interviews (data collection by an external data collection firm): two waves of interviews with key informants across the target area.
- Household surveys (data collection by an external data collection firm): two waves of household surveys).
- Open source data (e.g. local news sources, ACLED, GDELT, etc.)
Scope of work
The Analyst will contribute to the following areas:
- Research design and survey instruments. Review draft survey instruments with local experts and stakeholders.
- Conduct in-country interviews with relevant local experts and stakeholders.
- Help develop and implement a training kit for local data collectors.
- Interpret data, analyze data collection results using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.