Quantitative Data Analyst
HiiL, a social enterprise that works to enhance access to justice through innovation, based in The Hague is looking for Quantitative Data Analyst. The Quantitative Analyst contributes to the organisations development mainly by developing and implementing quantitative research projects: designing surveys, collecting, analysing and visualizing data. The team collects the voices of thousands with the Justice Needs and Satisfaction Survey (JNS) a unique approach towards user-friendly justice. Through the Survey, the team gets to see the state of play that reveals people’s actual legal problems, experiences and access to justice. Adjusted to the specific context of the country it provides in-depth understanding.
The team is looking for a Quantitative Data Analyst who gets triggered by the opportunity to join a team that works internationally and uses data to spurn justice innovation. Do you have a strong understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics and a proven ability to communicate the results in a convincing and engaging manner? Are you a team player who can easily switch between team-work and individual crushing? Then join us as a Quantitative Data Analyst.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Team products and services
- Assist with data gathering, cleaning, organization and visualisation
- Liaise and coordinate with data partners
- Organise and manage data sets into coherent data structures
- Ensure data integrity and data quality.
- Analyse data, participate in drafting reports and other data-driven products.
- Maintain and develop an online dashboard based on Power BI
- Write project proposals as opportunities arise
- Has +2 years of work experience as a Quantitative Data Analyst or similar
- Has a strong quantitative education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences (economics/econometrics, sociology, political science, public administration, psychology) Communication sciences, Service design, Business analytics and big data, or similar
- Has proven experience in applying the following data management skills: Analytical skills, database design and management, data integrity, presentation skills
- Has experience in working with applications such as Excel, Stata, SPSS, R or similar
- Has working knowledge of or experience with applications such as Power Bi, Tableu, Qlik or similar
- Has working knowledge of or experience with relational databases
- Prioritizes, is accurate and has an eye for detail
- Loves to solve problems and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Willing to travel
- Fluent proficiency in English. Fluency in one other major world language (e.g. Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, French) is a plus.
- Starting date: May 2019
- We are offering a full-time position for an initial period of 7 months with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our institution
- Must have a work permit for the EU
Please note that we are recruiting on a rolling basis.
More information is available on the HiiL website, and you can apply here!