We are looking for a creative marketing and communications specialist who knows how to get visible, attract the right target groups, and build community spirit.
Deadline: 6 April 2018
Type: Full-time, 32 hours
Location: The Hague
Duration: 6 months temporary contract with possibility of an extension
Start: 1 May 2018
Work Experience: 1-3 years
Grab the attention of the world and actively grow and engage our community of innovators in peace, justice, and humanitarian action!
- Design and manage top-notch marketing and communication strategies for The Hague Humanity Hub
- Manage, track, measure and analyze (and optimize!) multiple channels (social media, website, mailchimp, and eventbrite)
- Create and share amazing content, in cooperation with our Hub members, to inform and engage our international ecosystem
- Design and run marketing campaigns, online and offline, and at various events in The Hague
- Event marketing to ensure relevant parties participate in our events
- Manage all in-house communications, act as single point of contact for all communications activities for the Hub
- Manage process of creating a new and interactive website
- Manage relations with regional, national, and international press
- HBO Marketing / Communication-related degree or demonstrable experience
- Demonstrable affinity with peace, justice, and humanitarian action
- Experience with maintaining Social Media channels and/or websites is a must
- Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, video editing software, WordPress knowledge is an advantage
- Experience in growing an audience through online channels
- Commendable writing and editing skills (EN)
- Working knowledge of Dutch language
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing and communications
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects
- An eye for quality content
- Proactive, enterprising, and flexible
- Ability to handle pressure of deadlines
- Flexible with working hours, when necessary
- Love working with different organizations in a dynamic environment
What to expect?
- Very international and energetic community of member organizations
- Work directly with our members, from start-ups to major international organizations
- Great atmosphere and informal and open culture
- Plenty of room for new initiatives
- Personal development by attending various workshops & events for free
- Work in close cooperation with a small and dynamic team
- Report to Managing Director and work closely with the Community Manager
Want to work with us? Apply Now!
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Selma Rooseboom (email@example.com) with ‘Creative Marketing and Communications Specialist’ in the subject line.
About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Hague Humanity Hub, based at the Fluwelen Burgwal in central The Hague, officially opened its doors on the 2nd of January 2018. The Hague Humanity Hub is a unique platform, where forward-thinking organizations and people are united by their drive to develop innovative solutions to today’s global challenges in peace, justice, and humanitarian action. Besides a professional workplace, the Hub offers access to an open and diverse community for innovation, co-creation, and knowledge exchange. Among its first members are UN OCHA center for humanitarian data, HiiL, Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation, HumanityX, and World Resources Institute. Within 3 months of opening, the Hub already has more than 25 members organizations.