Humanity Hub Internship
Are you ready to make an impact and actively help us grow, engage and promote our community of innovators striving for a peaceful and just world?
Type: Internship (4-5 days a week)
Location: The Hague Humanity Hub, Fluwelen Burgwal 58, 2511 CJ Den Haag
Duration: 6 months
Period: End of August 2021 – End of February 2022
Applications are open!
DEADLINE: FRIDAY JULY 2
Are you a motivated, multi-talented student who knows how to get things done, attract the right target groups, and build community spirit? Are you interested in grabbing the attention of the world and actively help us grow, engage and promote our community of innovators striving for a peaceful and just world? If this sounds like something you would appreciate, join our international and dynamic team!
Are you the next best intern A-player we are looking for and up for a new challenge? We are recruiting up to 3 interns, each with different yet intersecting focus points, to support us with our growing activities at the intersection of community development, communications and programming and events. At the nexus of all roles, the shared focus, you will support the development of a diverse community of members at the Hub and help members make valuable connections within the community, be creative by developing and implementing new projects, and work closely with and support the rest of our lovely team in other areas where needed.
Explore more about the individual roles below and find your best match.
Communications & Marketing
Programming & Events
- Organise community-building activities and act as a host for prospective members
- Support the acquisition and onboarding of new members
- Host monthly onboarding sessions to welcome new members
- Manage the administration of memberships
- Identify together with members relevant opportunities for connection and collaboration
- Support the development of community-led programming
- Manage the Humanity Hub’s social media platforms, schedule and create content to build audience and engage followers
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies
- Write copy for a variety of mediums including our blog and social media
- Produce visual content for our online platforms
- Maintain, upkeep and develop the Hub’s website
- Interview members for the Humans of the Hub stories and write engaging profile pieces
- Coordinate the organization of Humanity Hub events
- Manage community programming activities such as peer to peer groups
- Inform and promote relevant opportunities to the community
- Keep the overview of the event calendar
- Support the development and design of new event formats and programmes
- Organize regular social activities and networking events
What you bring
Some additional things to consider
What we offer
- A demonstrated interest in the areas of peace, justice, development and humanitarian action
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community and members
- You are punctual, organized, proactive and can multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally, ideally with an interest in writing and editing new content
- You are fluent in English and can (ideally) communicate in Dutch
- Ideally you have experience with producing content and managing websites, newsletters and social media channels
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump between tasks and help where needed, and suggest improvements
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve and learn
- You are tech savvy and aren’t afraid to learn how to use new tools
- You are currently enrolled in an academic programme: you are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to: Development Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Sciences, Public Relations, Communication, Business Management)
- You must be enrolled in an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship period
- You are legally allowed to do an internship in the Netherlands
- You are living in, or very near, The Hague
- An internship position of 32 to 40 working hours per week for a period of 6 months at the Humanity Hub
- An energetic and purpose-driven organisational culture in a vibrant workspace with a diverse group of colleagues
- The chance to build a network with leading innovators in the fields of peace, justice, and humanitarian action
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Personal development with challenging responsibilities, as well as free attendance to events and workshops
- An internship allowance of €400 per month, based on 5 days a week
Want to work with us?
Please send your complete application package (indicating the preferred position and including all relevant documents as detailed on the application form found at the link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Humanity Hub Internship’ in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday July 2