Do you want to make an impact on the SDG 16 mission of HiiL? Within a social enterprise that developed an methodology for measuring the justice needs in various communities and strives for the improvement of the evidence-based way of working in justice? If you think you can contribute to the mission and vision of HiiL by using your Measuring Evaluation and Learning experience, we would like to hear from you.
At HiiL, the continuous development of our methods and processes is key in the quickly changing political environments we are working in. In this new position, you will take on the challenging task of the coordination of reviewing and improving HiiL’s methods, processes and (IATI) indicators. Eventually, your efforts will guide everybody at HiiL to the desired goal: Improve the way we measure and evaluate the impact of our interventions.
Your collaboration skills will play an important role, because you first-and-foremost work cross-departmental and coordinate with the various TeamHeads. Adaptability and a broad set of problem-solving skills is required when strengthening our data quality and systematically improving our (measuring) processes. Your MEL experience in combination with a knowledge sharing mentality is a perfect mix to achieve your goal. Thus, you should get excited when coordinating closely with various colleague’s. You will become part of the Solution Research Team and report directly to HiiL’s Research Director.
- Develop, implement and improve methods/techniques to generate evidence on the effectiveness of HiiL interventions
- Analyse and present evidence about the effectivness of HiiL’s interventions
- Strengthen and streamline our MEL processes based on indicators
- Create a renewed IATI framework
- Keep HiiL IATI project indicators up to date
- Mentor and ensure learning agility of HiiL staff
- Advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
- Lead the preparation of reports to donors
Our new colleague:
- Takes ownership!
- Has +6 years of experience as a MEL Specialist/Consultant or in related domains
- Has proven experience of working under the IATI framework or similar frameworks
- Knows to relate the achieved outputs, outcomes and impact to the Theory of Change
- Has proven experience in aligning various needs, but delivering a common output
- Has proven experience in successfully mentoring other colleague’s
- Is analytical and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Master’s degree in social sciences or similar
- Has a clear motivation for supporting our user-friendly justice innovations
- Has English business proficiency
- Is adventorous and interested in travelling to unstable countries
- Having worked in a small business, social enterprise, NGO environment etc. is a plus
- Starting date: February 2019
- We are offering a full-time position for an initial period of 7 months with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our institution
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Will you join us? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
This, and other opportunities, on the HiiL website