The Centre for Innovation identifies and explores transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners. You may have heard of some our products like our work with the Humanitarian sector, Massive Open Online Courses and the Hololens. We work with agile and other flexible work methods. Due to our international network our standard communication language is English.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
After on site training you are able to do the following.
Learning Platform Support
- Answer help desk questions from learners in an time efficient and professional manner
- Assist Leiden University staff on the use of the platforms, helping them translate their course design into the platform
Platform Data Management
- Track user enrolment and generate reports for billing purposes
- Preparation of on-demand data exports from a PostgreSQL database
- Maintenance of existing data processing pipelines
Learning Analytics, when time permits
- Assist the development of a learning analytics dashboard used internally to improve digital courses
- Depending on your efficiency with the other tasks and preferences, this can become a more significant part of the job.
- You quickly learn new software and digital systems
- You are accurate, precise and reliable
- You have an interest in technology and its application to higher education
- You can balance different priorities and are strong on time management
- You can remain calm in (creative) chaos and an energetic environment
- You enjoy communicating with partners and clients to deliver a better service
- You are fluent in English, fluency in Dutch is desirable
- You are computer & digital literate
- You are familiar with SQL, specific PostgreSQL knowledge desirable
- Experience with Python and R or fluency in another object-oriented programming language and a desire to learn Python and R.
- Experience with Shiny, Shiny dashboards and plotly is a plus.
No degree is required for this position, but demonstrable skills and talents are of the essence.
If you are a student, you expect to graduate in the next few months, or have recently graduated. This is potentially a long term position and you should be prepared for that.
Apply on the Centre for Innovations website: