The Institute for Economics & Peace, The Knowledge Platform Security & Rule of Law, and The Hague Humanity Hub invite you to the Global Peace Index 2018 The Hague Launch.
Steve Killelea, Founder and Executive Chairman of the Institute for Economics & Peace, will present the findings of the 12th edition of the Global Peace Index (GPI), the world’s leading measure of global peacefulness. This report presents the most comprehensive data-driven analysis to-date on trends in peace, its economic value, and how to develop peaceful societies.
Join a diverse group of professionals to take part in an open discussion to review the following questions:
– What are the links with the sustaining peace and sustainable development agenda’s and what impact do the findings have on these agenda’s?
– The Dutch Government prioritizes “legitimate stability” as an objective of development interventions in fragile states. What are the focus areas for interventions that the GPI highlights?
– What conditions are imperative for peaceful and stable lives, and where can Civil Society Organizations contribute to meeting those needs?
– How should we interpret future changes in peacefulness in light of the new Dutch Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation agenda titled “Investeren in Perspectief”?
– What new partnerships can be developed for building peace in the future and how can data from the GPI serve their goals?
Doors open at 9:30 am.
Introductions: 10:00 -10:05
2018 GPI Presentation by Steve Killelea: 10:05 – 10:30
Q&A: 10:30 – 10:50
“World Café” discussion & Feedback: 10:50 – 11:25
Closing: 11:25 – 11:30
Please note there are limited seats available. Coffee and tea will be provided.
Registration via: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/global-peace-index-2018-the-hague-launch-tickets-46100629223