HiiL is looking for a Justice Sector Advisor. We are a social enterprise, based in The Hague, that works to improve access to justice. You will join the Measuring Justice team. As a Justice Sector Advisor you will consult our clients on implementing data results. This includes fulfilling the role of project manager and visualising this data in a user-friendly way. The team collects the voices of thousands of people through the Justice Needs and Satisfaction tool. This is a unique, bottom-up approach to justice. It allows the team to map out people’s actual legal problems and their experiences with justice. The tool is adjusted to the country context and provides in-depth knowledge.
The team is looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working internationally and wants to use consultancy to drive justice innovation. Do you have excellent consultancy skills and are you motivated to join a team that supports justice innovation processes in many countries and organisations? Are you able to communicate results in a user-friendly and convincing manner? Are you a team player who can work across departments and easily switch between collaboration and working individually? Then join us as a Justice Sector Advisor!
- Find solutions to the problems of our clients
- Participate in development and implementation of the Team products and services
- Transfer knowledge and engage partners and stakeholders in different environments: post conflict, post revolution, lower income, middle income and higher income countries
- Understand and manage survey projects
- Assist in analysing data
- Write reports and take care of other documentation
- Present research findings in appealing and user-friendly style to high-end clients
- Develop and implement projects based on results
- Liaising with current and potential clients, partners, donors and funders
- Has supervisory and budgetary responsibilities
- Writes project proposals
- Is adventurous and interested in travelling to unstable countries.
- Takes ownership!
- Has +4 years of work experience with Database software, such as Excel, Stata, SPSS, R
- Has +2 years of work experience in commercial/business (strategic) consultancy working with high end clients: courts, law firms and other organisations in the justice sector
- Holds a Master’s or PhD degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Political Science, public administration, psychology, communication sciences
- Has proven experience in managing own consultancy projects
- Has proven experience in successfully consulting clients by making use of consultancy skills to build trust, engage and gain commitment
- Has a successful track-record in writing proposal and fund-raising
- Believes that a strong client and result-orientation is key
- Fluent proficiency in English and one other major world language (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, French)
- Has a clear motivation for supporting our user-friendly justice innovations
- Experience in writing advisory reports is a plus
- Starting date: February 2019
- We are offering a full-time position for an initial period of 7 months with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Will you join us? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
This, and other opportunities, on the HiiL website