The Hague Humanity Hub and Search for Common Ground cordially invite you to a Masterclass on the Basic Principles of Social Entrepreneurship with John Marks. The Masterclass will be held at the Hague Humanity Hub on June 26, 2019 from 16:00 to 19:00
John Marks is a social entrepreneur who founded Search for Common Ground and headed it for 32 years. Together with Susan Collin Marks, his wife and SFCG’s former Executive VP, he started at zero and built it into the largest peace-building NGO in the world with 600 staff members and offices in 35 countries. SFCG was nominated for the 2018 Nobel Peace Prize.
John will lead an interactive Masterclass in which he describes the basic operating principles that he has found underlie successful social entrepreneurship. He will provide a practical framework for the next generation of social entrepreneurs, starting from vision and moving into effective action. The ideas presented will draw from John’s extensive experience, as well as from the wisdom of participants. The goal will be to lead participants through the possibilities that abound when they grasp their inner potential to make a difference and to carry out the work that the world so badly needs.
This Masterclass is designed for professionals, social entrepreneurs, start-ups, as well as students active or interested in the field of peacebuilding.
At this workshop you will:
- Understand the basic operating principles of successful social entrepreneurship
- Move toward becoming an applied visionary, able to start from vision and move into world-changing action
- Learn about the challenges of building a global enterprise
- Network with a community of innovators in the fields of peace, justice and humanitarian action
- Get inspired by one of the world’s most successful social entrepreneurs