Programmes Internship – Community & Ecosystem Programme
Employer: The Hague Humanity Hub
Type: Internship (from 4 days a week)
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Duration: 6 months
Period: End of February 2024 – End of August 2024
Are you looking for an internship at the heart of The Hague’s peace & justice community? Do you want to contribute to real-world programming and develop your skills? Do you want to gain experience at a vibrant and growing non-profit organisation. If this sounds like you, join our international and dynamic team!
Next to supporting our programmes team, you will help the development of a diverse community, help members make valuable connections, and be creative by developing and implementing new projects.
What you will do
You will take (some) of the following tasks:
- Coordinate programmes within the Hub’s ecosystem and community programming portfolio (e.g. Meet & Greet, Democracy Drinks, the Handshake)
- Support the organisation of other Hub programmes and events (e.g. peace&justice cafe, Just Peace events)
- Research, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, potential members and speakers
- Inform and promote relevant opportunities to members and other ecosystem professionals
- Assist members and partners in creating and executing events
- Support the community development team with community programming activities
- Work with the communication team to promote Hub programmes and events
- Work with the meetings & events team to facilitate logistics for your events
- Support the development, design and execution of new event formats and programmes
What you bring
What we offer
- Ideally you have experience with event management and facilitation
- You are fluent in English and can (ideally) communicate in Dutch
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally
- A genuine interest in the Humanity Hub’s community and ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A curious, friendly personality with the ability to stay calm, responsive and solution oriented
- You are punctual, well-organized, proactive and can multi-task
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump between tasks and help where needed, and suggest improvements.
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve and learn.
- Available for flexible working hours to support events as required.
- You are currently enrolled in an academic programme: you are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to: Development Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Sciences, Public Relations, Communication, Business Management)
- You must be enrolled in an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship period
- You are legally allowed to do an internship in the Netherlands
- You are living in, or near, The Hague
- You must be able to work at least 4 days per week (32 hours)
- You must be available for the entire duration of the internship.
- An internship position of 32 working hours per week (4 days) for a period of 6 months at the Humanity Hub
- An internship allowance of €500 per month, based on 40 hours a week
- Paid holiday allowance (depending on how many hours you work: 8 days based on 32 hours per week)
- The possibility of part-time hybrid working (usually 25% of your working hours)
- 25% discount on all food & beverage at the Hub Cafe
- Free attendance to events and workshops
- The chance to build a network with leading innovators from the ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Take a proactive role in developing the Hub from a programmes point of view
- Guidance throughout your internship and potentially valuable input for your thesis topic
- An energetic and purpose-driven organisational culture in a vibrant workspace with a diverse group of colleagues
Want to work with us?
Please submit your complete application on the form found at the link below (indicating the preferred position and including all relevant documents as detailed). Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis before and after the deadline.
Applications Deadline – 7 December 2023