Programmes & Events Internship
Employer: The Hague Humanity Hub
Type: Internship (+/- 4 days a week)
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Duration: 6 months
Period: End of February 2022 – End of August 2022
Applications are open!
Please note that we will be inviting candidates for interviews on a rolling basis before the deadline!
FIRST DEADLINE: THURSDAY 23 DECEMBER 2021
Extended deadline: Wednesday 12 January 2022
Are you the next best programmes & events intern A-player we are looking for and up for a new challenge? Are you a motivated, multi-talented student who gets things done and knows how to organise successful events? Are you interested in actively helping us grow and engage our community of professionals striving for a peaceful and just world?
If this sounds like something you would appreciate, join our international and dynamic team!
Next to supporting our programming team, you will help the development of a diverse community and help members make valuable connections, be creative by developing and implementing new projects, and work closely with and support the rest of our lovely team in other areas where needed.
What you will do
- Support the coordination of Humanity Hub programmes ande events
- Manage community programming activities such as peer to peer groups
- Inform and promote relevant opportunities to members and other ecosystem professionals
- Keep the overview of the event calendar
- Support the development, design and execution of new event formats and programmes
- Organize regular social activities and networking events
What you bring
Some additional things to consider
What we offer
- Ideally you have experience with event management and facilitation
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally
- A demonstrated interest in the areas of peace, justice, development and humanitarian action
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community and members
- You are punctual, organized, proactive and can multi-task
- You are fluent in English and can (ideally) communicate in Dutch
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump between tasks and help where needed, and suggest improvements
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve and learn
- You are tech savvy and aren’t afraid to learn how to use new tools
- You are currently enrolled in an academic programme: you are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to: Development Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Sciences, Public Relations, Communication, Business Management)
- You must be enrolled in an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship period
- You are legally allowed to do an internship in the Netherlands
- You are living in, or near, The Hague
- An internship position of +/- 32 working hours per week for a period of 6 months at the Humanity Hub
- An energetic and purpose-driven organisational culture in a vibrant workspace with a diverse group of colleagues
- The chance to build a network with leading innovators in the fields of peace, justice, and humanitarian action
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Personal development with challenging responsibilities, as well as free attendance to events and workshops
- An internship allowance of €400 per month, based on 5 days a week
Want to work with us?
Please submit your complete application on the form found at the link below (indicating the preferred position and including all relevant documents as detailed). Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis before and after the deadline.