Community Development Internship (closed)
Employer: The Hague Humanity Hub
Type: Internship (+/- 4 days a week)
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Duration: 6 months
Period: End of August 2022 – End of February 2023
This position has already been filled. Please check out the other internship roles.
Are you the next best community development intern A-player we are looking for and up for a new challenge? Are you a motivated, multi-talented student who knows how to build community spirit and get things done? Are you interested in actively helping us grow and engage our community of professionals striving for a peaceful and just world?
If this sounds like something you would appreciate, join our international and dynamic team!
Next to supporting our community management team, you will help the development of a diverse community and help members make valuable connections, be creative by developing and implementing new projects, and work closely with and support the rest of our lovely team in other areas where needed.
What you will do
- Organise community-building activities and coordinate community programmes like peer-to-peer groups, town halls, etc..
- Act as a host for prospective members, support membership sales and the acquisition of new members
- Manage the onboarding journey of new members and host monthly onboarding sessions
- Research, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, potential members and speakers
- Inform and identify together with members relevant opportunities for connection and collaboration
- Work with programming team to develop community-led programming
- Work with the communication team to promote membership and community activities
- Support the finance and admin team with the administration of memberships
- Support the development, design and execution of new event formats, programmes and community projects
What you bring
Some additional things to consider
What we offer
- Ideally you have experience with administrative or customer relations work
- You are fluent in English and can (ideally) communicate in Dutch
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally
- A genuine interest in the Humanity Hub’s community and ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A curious, friendly personality with the ability to stay calm, responsive and solution oriented
- You are punctual, well-organized, proactive and can multi-task
- Self-starter with proven leadership skills with an eye for detail and finishing touches
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump between tasks and help where needed, and suggest improvements
- You are able to work independently as well as collaborate within a team. You welcome feedback and use it to improve and learn
- You are tech savvy and aren’t afraid to learn how to use new tools
- Available for flexible working hours to support events as required
- You are currently enrolled in an academic programme: you are in the final stages of your studies in a relevant field (for example, but not limited to: Development Studies, International Relations, International Law, Political Sciences, Public Relations, Communication, Business Management)
- You must be enrolled in an educational institution for the entire duration of the internship period
- You are legally allowed to do an internship in the Netherlands
- You are living in, or near, The Hague
- An internship position of +/- 32 working hours per week for a period of 6 months at the Humanity Hub
- An energetic and purpose-driven organisational culture in a vibrant workspace with a diverse group of colleagues
- The chance to build a network with leading innovators from the ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- Take a proactive role in developing the Hub from a community development & programming point of view
- Friendly and collaborative team atmosphere with opportunities to work directly with all departments
- Personal development with challenging responsibilities, as well as free attendance to events and workshops
- Guidance throughout your internship and potentially valuable input for your thesis topic
- 25% discount on all food & beverage products at the Hub Cafe
- An internship allowance of €400 per month, based on 40 hours a week
Want to work with us?
Please submit your complete application on the form found at the link below (indicating the preferred position and including all relevant documents as detailed). Only complete applications will be considered. Applicants will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis before and after the deadline.