In collaboration with Hotelschool The Hague Entrepreneurship Hub (Research Centre), The Hague Humanity Hub is looking for an intern position to help develop and manage its business. This is a unique opportunity, as the position will also be part of HTH Entrepreneurship Hub programme.
What is The Humanity Hub?
The Hague Humanity Hub opened its doors in January 2018 as a coworking space and platform for collaboration and innovation on peace, justice and humanitarian action. Besides a professional workplace in the heart of the Hague, the Hub is a fast growing, inclusive and diverse community for innovation, co-creation and knowledge exchange. The Humanity Hub is a not-for profit “Stichting” that functions like a business/start-up. In our first year, membership has grown to over 60 organisations with almost 150 people. We welcome all organisations who want to work on a more more peaceful and just world and are willing to innovate and collaborate with unlikely allies. Our diverse community ranges from large NGOs, government actors, educational institutions to start ups and commercial enterprises.
What will be your responsibilities
The Humanity Hub is all about the community and you will play an important role in as a member of the Humanity Hub team. As an intern you will help in developing a hospitable environment for innovation.
The main focus of the internship is to take the leading role in the further business development of the hospitality aspects of the Hub: our café and meeting room and event services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting room and event sales and service:
- Focus on increasing revenues/sales volumes
- Find and implement new (online) channels
- Provide outstanding service to customers members with regard to booking and organising meetings and events.
- Improve efficiency of proposal and booking process
- Café Development:
- Develop, test and implement new idea’s to make our café more welcoming and profitable, especially with regard to lunchtime service
- Create new services and further fine tune the space/atmosphere to make our members and their guest feel comfortable and use the café space more
- Be a host! Be a friendly and welcoming member of the hub team and support our members and guests. Facilitate social interactions during Hub Social Events or otherwise.
- Be an innovator! Help us find innovative ways to use our convertible space and help our community make the best out of the space.
What we offer
We offer a unique entrepreneurial opportunity help develop a new organisation that supports community building and innovation in the area of peace, justice and humanitarian action. You will be able to directly interact with and learn about international organisations in these areas and offer your hospitality talents to help make a difference in the world. You will work directly with the Managing Director and Finance and Administration Manager and take a leadership role in developing the Hub from a hospitality point of view. A brand new cool office space in the heart of downtown the Hague.
As part of the collaboration with the Hotelschool The Hague this position will also qualify for support and assistance in the Hotel School entrepreneurial hub program.
What we are looking for
- 4th year internship student
- demonstrated interest and affinity with sales and marketing and café/restaurant services
- self starter with proven leadership skills
- hands on can do mentality willing to roll up sleeves
- eye for detail and finishing touches
- comfortable with working in a very international environment and multiple cultures
- interest in and affinity with not for profit and/or social causes
- available for flexible working hours to support community events,
- preferably living in the Hague
- excellent written and spoken English
- working knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
Starting date: December2018, latest January 2019, 4 days per week
Interested? Send your resume to: email@example.com