What is The Humanity Hub?
The Hague Humanity Hub opened its doors in January 2018 as a coworking space and platform for collaboration and innovation on peace, justice and humanitarian action. Besides a professional workplace in the heart of the Hague, the Hub is a fast growing, inclusive and diverse community for innovation, co-creation and knowledge exchange. The Humanity Hub is a not-for profit “Stichting” that functions like a business/start-up. In our first year and a half, membership has grown to over 80 organisations with almost 180 people. We welcome all organisations who want to work on a more peaceful and just world and are willing to innovate and collaborate with unlikely allies. Our diverse community ranges from large NGOs, government actors, educational institutions to start ups and commercial enterprises.
What your responsibilities will be
The Humanity Hub is all about the community and you will play an important role in as a member of the Humanity Hub team. As an intern you will help in developing a hospitable environment for innovation.
The main focus of the internship is to take the leading role in the further business development of the hospitality aspects of the Hub: our café and meeting room and event services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Meeting room and event
sales and service:
- Focus on increasing revenues/sales volumes.
- Provide outstanding service to customers members with regard to booking and organising meetings and events.
- Improve efficiency of proposal and booking process.
- Respond to incoming reservations and bookings.
- Ensure fluidity of bookings.
- Café Development:
- Develop, test and implement new ideas to make our café more welcoming and profitable, especially with regard to lunchtime service.
- Create new services and further finetune the space/atmosphere to make our members and their guest feel comfortable and use the café space more.
- Improve inventory management.
- Be a host! Be a friendly and welcoming member of the Hub team and support our members and guests. Facilitate social interactions during Hub Social Events or otherwise.
- Be an innovator! Help us find innovative ways to use our convertible space and help our community make the best out of the space.
- Be hands on! Help manage the staff with the day to day operations.
What we offer
We offer a unique entrepreneurial opportunity help develop a new organisation that supports community building and innovation in the area of peace, justice and humanitarian action. You will be able to directly interact with and learn about international organisations in these areas and offer your hospitality talents to help make a difference in the world. You will work directly with the Managing Director and Finance and Administration Manager and take a leadership role in developing the Hub from a hospitality point of view. A brand new, cool office space in the heart of downtown the Hague.
What we are looking for
- 4th year internship student (preferably from the Hotelschool The Hague or from the facilities management programme of The Hague University of Applied Sciences)
- Demonstrated interest and affinity with sales and marketing and café/restaurant services.
- Self-starter with proven leadership skills.
- Hands on, can do mentality and willing to roll up sleeves.
- Eye for detail and finishing touches.
- Comfortable with working in a very international environment and multiple cultures.
- Interest in and affinity with non-profit and/or social causes.
- Available for flexible working hours to support community events.
- Preferably living in the Hague.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and working knowledge of Dutch.
Starting date: August 2019, latest September 2019, 4-5 days per week
Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com