Are you an entrepreneur with a heart for social justice? Do you have experience in setting up new businesses, mentoring start-ups and creating a community? Do you get excited by being a first mover in a conservative sector? Then this role may be right for you!
We are looking for an agent to build out our Innovating Justice Hub in Uganda. As a HiiL local partner in Uganda, the Innovating Justice Agent will develop a national infrastructure that can operate and develop the Justice Accelerator: finding and selecting entrepreneurs, incubating them locally and growing them to scale – in collaboration with the team in The Hague, the Netherlands. Moreover, the Hub will have to develop and generate its own partnerships and sales, leading to a self-sustainable entity in the coming years.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Grow a local community of innovators that have scalable and sustainable funding models with an impact on preventing or resolving justice problems.
- Find, select and support justice innovations such that they are able to reach scale and impact over 50.000 direct users. Coordinate acceleration activities in Uganda, ensuring each cohort has access to efficient and effective business development support, such as mentorship, training and the like.
- Connect innovators to justice sector policy makers and justice leaders that may lead to transformative change.
- Grow, develop and coordinate HiiL’s partnerships and brand in the region; and make people more aware of the need for innovation in the justice sector. Manage existing local and international existing partner activities.
- Collaborate with Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and other HiiL hubs to develop cross-country/continent partnerships and support peer-to-peer exchanges among justice startups.
For more information, and to apply, see the HiiL website