Programme and Event Developer
Required: English and Dutch (professional level), valid full work permit for Netherlands
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility to extend
32 hours per week
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Deadline for application: 28 February 2022, interviews in the week of March 1
The Humanity Hub is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Programme and Event Developer who can take an active role in further developing the hub’s programming activities in terms of impact and future perspectives. As a key member of the programming and community development team, your main responsibility will be to develop and lead key programmes within the Hub programming portfolio, with a focus on programmes for the peace and justice ecosystem and Just Peace.
You are the ideal candidate if you have experience developing impactful programmes and events in the purpose led and social innovation world. We are looking for an individual with strong organisation and project management skills, a relationship builder with the ability to approach work with creativity, passion, and determination to provide value for our community.
Do you recognise yourself? Join us if you want to be part of an ambitious social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are valued, you have room to learn and apply your skills and develop a great network.
- Develop and lead key programmes from the Hub programming portfolio (eg. Just Peace, peace&justice café)
- Take a leading role in co-creating and piloting programmes around strategic themes (eg. SDGs, international profiling, talent)
- Support the development and execution of other Hub programmes (e.g. Community programmes, etc.)
- Work with the programming and community development team to connect, engage and mobilise the community as contributors and participants
- Build and maintain relations with the Hub’s growing network of partners and key stakeholders
- Connect Hub members with each other and other stakeholders with the aim to stimulate co-creation, collaboration, and knowledge exchange, and linking these to Hub programming
- Identify relevant opportunities to develop new programmes and events
- Participate in the planning, production and delivery of programmes, including: event/workshop planning and organisation, mobilization of programme contributors, stakeholder management, capturing impactful stories, reporting/evaluation
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure that all projects and programmes are communicated effectively
- Continuously improve the Hub’s knowledge management and capaibilities for all aspects related to events and programmes (eg. people, content, budgets, templates)
- Identify and apply for funding opportunities
- Work closely with and support the rest of the team in other areas when needed
- Help community members make valuable connections
What you bring
- You have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Proven experience working in programme, project, or event management in a professional context
- You are comfortable taking the lead on projects, both working independently and effectively collaborating within a team
- You bring an entrepreneurial and creative mindset to help grow the community and Hub organisation
- You have a keen sense for what is going on in our relevant sectors and society and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Able to capture concepts and proposals convincingly in writing
- You are an organizational talent and can work quickly in a growing and fast-paced environment
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community
- Excellent communication skills and professional working knowledge of both English and Dutch
- A flexible, can-do attitude with good problem-solving skills ready to help where needed
- High digital literacy, able to use various online platforms and digital tools
- Preferably living in (the region of) The Hague
Ideally, you also bring
- Work experience within purpose led and social innovation sectors
- Experience in a start-up environment and with developing concepts and relevant business processes
- Experience in a multistakeholder environment across government, private and public sectors
- Experience writing successful funding applications
What we offer
- 1 year contract based on 32 hours per week with possibility to extend
- Full time salary range of € 2100-2800, depending on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days of holiday (based on 100%)
- Laptop, communication, and home working allowance
- Pension contribution
- You are part of an ambitious and growing social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are appreciated
- An energetic and goal-oriented organisational culture and informal team
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in the heart of The Hague
- An inspiring network of international professionals who contribute to a more peaceful and just world
Want to work with us? Apply today!
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Alexandre Taillandier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Programme and Event Developer” as a subject line.
About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Humanity Hub works towards a more peaceful and just world by supporting and strengthening the Hague ecosystem. We do this by building a community of active members – professionals ranging from international organisations and small NGOs to knowledge institutions and social enterprises – whom we support with services and tools to connect, learn, and collaborate.
The Hub acts as a platform for knowledge exchange and partnerships, and together with our members and ecosystem partners we co-create innovative, community-led programming designed to explore themes of relevance, identify opportunities for collaboration and kickstart new initiatives. We facilitate the visibility, transparency and access to The Hague for newcomers, and our work increasingly benefits the international profiling of The Hague peace and justice ecosystem.
Finally, we facilitate connections between the peace and justice ecosystem and people in The Hague and beyond, to give peace and justice meaning in society.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.