Required: English and Dutch (professional level), valid full work permit for Netherlands
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility to extend
32 hours per week
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Deadline for application: 28 February 2022, interviews in the week of March 1
Do you instinctively like to bring people together? The Hague Humanity Hub is looking for a Community Manager who can help our 350+ members feel welcome and connected. This is a great opportunity if you’re passionate about building communities and bringing about positive change.
Hub members are professionals working towards a more peaceful and just world, often based in The Hague, or sometimes elsewhere in the Netherlands and the world. Some of our members are office residents in one of our two locations. You will be managing a diverse, international professional community with the Hub City Centre location acting as the club house for the entire community.
As the Community Manager you will be a key part of the programming and community development team and responsible for developing and expanding the community. The main responsibilities include growing and connecting the Hub community, developing and leading community programming which covers all activities and services to and provide value to members.
Do you recognise yourself? Join us if you want to be part of an ambitious social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are valued, you have room to learn and apply your skills and develop a great network.
Community Development and Programming
- Develop and lead community-led programming, ranging from social events to advanced programmes co-created together with members
- Constantly identify relevant information and opportunities for connection and collaboration for members
- Guide members in their membership journey, through onboarding sessions, mapping their needs, and keeping them informed of services and membership benefits
- Connect members with each other and other stakeholders with the aim to stimulate co-creation, collaboration, and knowledge exchange, and linking these to Hub programming
- Work with the programming and community development team to connect, engage and mobilise the community in all Hub programming (eg. Just Peace, peace and justice cafes)
- Develop and execute relevant communication tools and channels with community members including via a digital community platform
- Work with the communication team to provide profiling and communication services to members (eg. job listings, event calendar, blog spotlights)
- Work with the location management team to develop the Hub City Centre location as a vibrant and welcoming club house for the entire community
- You are the main point of contact for Humanity Hub members
- Ensure that the community is growing and expanding. You know how to attract potential members, provide information about membership benefits and member acquisition
- Work with the Programming and Community Development lead and the Managing Director to develop and implement membership products and services aimed at growing and providing value to members
- Responsible for the contracting and administration of memberships and coworking residency services with the support of the finance and administration team
- Work with the communication team in developing and executing marketing strategies to increase understanding and visbility of membership benefits, and to increase membership and residency sales
- Work with the office services team in developing, selling and contracting coworking residency services
- Represent the community towards the Humanity Hub team with insights into the needs of members in order to support Hub product and service development
- Manage and help the development of the community programming intern
- Continuously improve the Hub’s knowledge management for all aspects related to events and programmes (eg. people, content, budgets, templates)
- Represent the Hague Humanity Hub at internal and external events
- Maintain a keen understanding of developments and trends in the ecosystem and translate these into implications for Hub strategy and programs
- Work closely with and support the rest of the team in other areas when needed
What you bring
- You have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a role with similar responsibilities
- Proven experience working in programme, project, or event management in a professional context
- You are comfortable taking the lead on projects, both working independently and effectively collaborating within a team
- You bring an entrepreneurial and creative mindset to help grow the community and Hub organisation
- You have a keen sense for what is going on in our relevant sectors and society and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and partners
- Able to capture concepts and proposals convincingly in writing
- You are an organizational talent and can work quickly in a growing and fast-paced environment
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community
- Excellent communication skills and professional working knowledge of both English and Dutch
- A flexible, can-do attitude with good problem-solving skills ready to help where needed
- High digital literacy, able to use various online platforms and digital tools
- Preferably living in (the region of) The Hague
Ideally, you also bring
- Work experience within purpose led and social innovation sectors
- Experience in a start-up environment and with developing concepts and relevant business processes
- Experience in a multistakeholder environment across government, private and public sectors
- Experience writing successful funding applications
What we offer
- 1 year contract based on 32 hours per week with possibility to extend
- Full time salary range of € 2100-2800, depending on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday pay and 25 vacation days of holiday (based on 100%)
- Laptop, communication, and home working allowance
- Pension contribution
- You are part of an ambitious and growing social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are appreciated
- An energetic and goal-oriented organisational culture and informal team
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in the heart of The Hague
- An inspiring network of international professionals who contribute to a more peaceful and just world
Want to work with us? Apply today!
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Alexandre Taillandier (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Programme and Event Developer” as a subject line.
About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Humanity Hub works towards a more peaceful and just world by supporting and strengthening the Hague ecosystem. We do this by building a community of active members – professionals ranging from international organisations and small NGOs to knowledge institutions and social enterprises – whom we support with services and tools to connect, learn, and collaborate.
The Hub acts as a platform for knowledge exchange and partnerships, and together with our members and ecosystem partners we co-create innovative, community-led programming designed to explore themes of relevance, identify opportunities for collaboration and kickstart new initiatives. We facilitate the visibility, transparency and access to The Hague for newcomers, and our work increasingly benefits the international profiling of The Hague peace and justice ecosystem.
Finally, we facilitate connections between the peace and justice ecosystem and people in The Hague and beyond, to give peace and justice meaning in society.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.