Required: English and Dutch (professional level), valid full work permit for Netherlands
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract with possibility to extend
36 – 40 hours per week
Location: Humanity Hub City Centre
Deadline for application: 31 May
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your communications experience to make the world a better place? Do you want to help develop our successful community platform for peace and justice? Do you want to develop your leadership and use it to generate real impact?
The Hague Humanity Hub is looking for a Communications Lead who will help to increase our impact by developing and executing brand experiences and communication strategies for Hub services, programmes and community development. You will work closely with the community development and programming team and be directly responsible for brand experience, communications channels and platforms and press relations.
You are the ideal candidate if you have more than 3 years of relevant work experience in communications. We are looking for a communications lead with strategic insight who combines creativity with a structured, pragmatic and hands-on approach and enjoys operating in a dynamic environment.
Do you recognise yourself? Join us if you want to be part of an ambitious social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are valued, you have room to learn and apply your skills and develop a great network.
What will you be doing?
As the communications lead you are part of the core team of the Hub and work closely with events, programming and community development teams to manage the external communication of the Humanity Hub for a variety of audiences.
In this role you ensure the Hub’s communications strategy impact is implemented via various platforms, partnerships and channels. You ensure the brand coherence and adherence (both visual and content-related), develop campaigning and marketing material, engage with opportunities to position the Hub.
You coach the other team members in Communications, including interns, and work with the whole Hub team on planning and delivery.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the entire communication area and acting as single point of contact for all communications activities for the Hub
- Creating (international) awareness of the Hub community and generating opportunities for the Hub community and ecosystem to connect
- Designing and managing marketing and communication promotional campaigns for Hub events and programmes and Hub core services, ensuring brand alignment
- Creating and disseminating communications content, templates, social media, and blog posts
- Managing the content plan
- Managing, track, measure and analyse the Humanity Hub social media channels, newsletters, and other communication channels
- Manage update and maintain the Humanity Hub websites
- Project manage the development of a new and interactive website, working with web development vendors and coordinating design and content processes
- Develop and manage relations with regional, national, and international media
- Build relationships with Hague-based communications partners
- Represent the Humanity Hub at internal and external events
- Maintain a keen understanding of developments and trends in the ecosystem and translate these into implications for Hub strategy and programs
- Manage and support the development of a communications intern
- Continuously improve the Hub’s knowledge management and capabilities for all aspects related to communications (eg. people, content, tools, templates)
- Work with the community development team to ensure ongoing relevant communication with community members including via digital community platform
What you bring
- You have an HBO or WO education in Communication, Journalism, or equivalent
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in an organisation where brand experience and community are important
- You are a creative thinker with a structured approach, eye for detail, flexibility yand a hands-on “get it done” mentality
- You like dynamism and change and have experience with the design and development of (new) processes in a (young) company
- Professional working knowledge of both English and Dutch
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns
- Hands-on experience with a multitude of communication tools and channels, including the management of social media, websites, creating audio and visual content
- Superior writing and editing skills in English, and clear style of communication with an eye for quality content
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in ourcommunity
- Affinity with peace and justice and broader social causes
- Analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing and communications
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects and ability to handle pressure of deadlines
- You love working with different organizations in a dynamic environment
- High digital literacy, able to use various online platforms and digital tools
Bonus points if you:
- Have knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, video editing software, Mailchimp, WordPress
- Work experience within purpose led and social innovation sectors
- Experience in a start-up environment and with developing concepts and relevant business processes
- Experience in a multistakeholder environment across government, private and public sectors
- Live in The Hague
What we offer
- 1 year contract based on 36 – 40 hours per week with possibility to extend
- Full time salary range of € 2500-3500, depending on experience
- 8% holiday money and 25 days of holiday (based on 100%)
- Laptop, communication, and home working allowance
- Pension contribution
- You are part of an ambitious and growing social organisation where your expertise, advice and work are appreciated
- An energetic and goal-oriented organisational culture and informal team
- Beautiful, innovative and creative workspace in the heart of The Hague
- An inspiring network of international professionals who contribute to a more peaceful and just world
Want to work with us? Apply today!
Send your CV and motivation letter to Janet H. Anderson (email@example.com) with “Communications Lead” in the subject line.
About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Humanity Hub works towards a more peaceful and just world by supporting and strengthening the Hague ecosystem. We do this by building a community of active members – professionals ranging from international organisations and small NGOs to knowledge institutions and social enterprises – whom we support with services and tools to connect, learn, and collaborate.
The Hub acts as a platform for knowledge exchange and partnerships, and together with our members and ecosystem partners we co-create innovative, community-led programming designed to explore themes of relevance, identify opportunities for collaboration and kickstart new initiatives. We facilitate the visibility, transparency and access to The Hague for newcomers, and our work increasingly benefits the international profiling of The Hague peace and justice ecosystem.
Finally, we facilitate connections between the peace and justice ecosystem and people in The Hague and beyond, to give peace and justice meaning in society.
The Humanity Hub recently became an SDG House with the purpose to connect and support collaboration between diverse actors working on international impact to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.