Audio Visual Event Technician and Host
The Humanity Hub is looking for energetic, friendly and tech savvy AV production staff to join our meeting and events team.
You are the ideal candidate if you have a range of experience in working on digital event production and apply your tech knowledge in a live (online or livestreamed) event environment in the Hague.
Apply today if this sounds like you and you want to be part of an ambitious social organization where your expertise, advice and work are valued.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 1 year contract (Part time average 6-10 hours per week)
Location: The Hague Humanity Hub City Central location.
- Support the smooth production of online and livestream events using AV equipment and online digital event platforms (e.g. zoom).
- Buildup & break down our mobile Studio for live or recorded events (panel discussions, presentations, round table discussions, meetings, and podcasts)
- Set up, operate, and dismantle audio and video equipment (cameras, microphones, speakers, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards and video equipment)
- Facilitate dry runs with customer
- Technically facilitate streaming platform (Zoom, teams etc) including managing specific features (e.g. breakout rooms, Q&A, Polls)
- Act as a friendly and supportive host to meeting and event guests and Hub members
What you bring
- Tangible experience with AV production and online events
- Digital literacy, experience with various online platforms and digital tools
- A curious, friendly personality with a genuine interest in our community
- The ability stay calm and find solutions to technical issues when they arise.
- A flexible, customer friendly, can-do attitude with an eye for detail
- Not afraid to jump in and help where needed and suggest improvements
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English and ideally Dutch
- Available weekdays and some evenings for approximately 6 – 10 hours per week (rarely on weekends)
What we offer
- Opportunity to expand experience in digital event production in a professional environment
- Be part of an ambitious and growing social organization where your expertise, advice and work are valued, and you have room to learn and develop
- Beautiful, innovative, and creative workspace in the heart of the Hague
- An energetic and purpose-driven organisational culture and informal team
- The chance to build a network with a community of professionals contributing to a more peaceful and just world
- Very international and interesting community of member organizations
- Informal and open culture, with young and friendly vibe
- Minimum shift length of 3 hours during weekdays/evenings (shifts normally between 08:30 – 19:30)
- Fair hourly wage plus vacation pay