Project: Innovation Strategy
Digital innovation is not only about trying out new tools and technologies, but also about setting long term goals and deciding on strategy. At the Centre for Innovation, part of Leiden University, we need to get insights in best practices and use cases to prepare the University for the future.
We are looking for a student fellow that can support the Centre for Innovation with (non-academic) research on common strategies and approaches of educational institutes in the European field when it comes to new developments.
We are looking for two students, that will both cover one of the following topics:
- Common strategies of educational institutes in the European field
- Strategies and approaches regarding learning analytics
For this research you will work closely together with the Centre for Innovation advisory committee and other student researchers.
About the Centre for Innovation
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for Innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners. We are a group of interdisciplinary experts, designers and developers with a vision to put people first in innovation.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Collecting and analysing relevant innovation strategies;
- Create a clear overview of trends and topics in these strategies;
- Write a report, including recommendations on innovation strategy based on these findings;
- Present to the team as input.
Who are you?
- You are a third year or above student with an affinity for innovation and strategic development;
- You have an interest in higher education and/or learning analytics;
- You are interested in the future of education and research;
- You like to work in a team, but can also work independently on tasks.
- Your English is at an advanced level and you have experience writing in English.
- You are available for at least 3 months, starting June 10th, for a minimum of 8 hours a week. Days are based on needs & availability.
What’s in it for you?
- Work in innovation in a fast-paced and collaborative team;
- Gain experience which strengthens your resume and helps you decide if the field is interesting for you;
- Set your own learning objectives and develop your personal and professional skills;
- Look at global digital trends from a new perspective.
If you want to apply for this position or have any questions about this vacancy please contact Ines Kaljee: I.email@example.com. For an application a motivation letter and CV are required.
For the Centre for Innovation website, click here