Part-time volunteer (on-site)
Applications welcome on an ongoing basis!
Do you enjoy connecting (with) others and would like to join a community of professionals working for a more peaceful and just world?
Are you eager to join the leading community of innovators striving for a more peaceful and just world? Would you like to contribute to the development of the Hague Humanity Hub while gaining valuable connections in the Hague ecosystem? Can you dedicate 1 day a week for a period of at least 5 months to support our unique collaborative community and shared workspace?
At the Hague Humanity Hub, we are now looking for motivated volunteers with excellent interpersonal skills to join our community hosting team. As a Community Host, you will be involved in running the coworking space and the community. Whether you are a student, an entrepreneur starting a new venture, or simply a person who cares about the future, we are looking for motivated volunteers to join our team.
The Hague Humanity Hub is a not-for-profit foundation that supports and strengthens the Hague ecosystem for a more peaceful and just world. We facilitate collaboration and innovation by offering the necessary ingredients for chance encounters, inspirational collaborations, and the exchange of knowledge. The Hub is both an actively managed community and two beautifully designed spaces in The Hague where professionals can connect and collaborate, work, and hold events. We strive to ensure the wellbeing of the community and visitors of the Humanity Hub community. And in this mission, Community Hosts are key players.
No day looks the same at the Hub. Next to being a point of contact for members and guests, troubleshooting problems with a smile, hosting tours of the space and ensuring the smooth running of events, you will help create valuable connections between people and ideas within our community. You will also get to work on a Hub development project based on your interests and skills.
The community hosting programme is here to support, and your mission is the wellbeing of members and visitors. Your tasks as a Community Host will include:
- Community management (connecting members, troubleshooting, and helping with community building projects)
- Reception and info-point (giving tours of the space, welcoming customers and visitors, support with post, key and wifi management)
- Event support (support event staff in setting up rooms for meetings and events)
- Space management (opening and closing of the space, keeping the space tidy and making sure that everything runs smoothly, encourage good member and visitor behavior)
What we offer
We aim for a 5 month-long commitment. You are able to dedicate a bit less than 9 hours a week (one shift 8:45-17:30) The community hosting programme is a work-trade volunteer programme: the work is unpaid and in exchange for your voluntary service, we offer for the entire hosting period:
- Hub membership
- 24/7 Hub Flex residency
- Access to our space to work on your projects
- Connection and networking opportunities with other professionals from our community
- Possibility to run your own projects (eg. marketing, event creation, space upgrades)
- Access to our events and community activities
- A great atmosphere: it’s all about fun, meeting people and sharing experiences
At the end of the community hosting programme, you will get a Hub membership for 5 months.
We cannot stress this enough – it’s your chance to shine: grab the opportunity to become a member of our community. The Humanity Hub is the ideal environment to develop your professional and personal skills and to build a network with leading professionals in diverse fields such as peacebuilding, justice innovation, humanitarian action, climate action, and development aid.
Are you interested? Great!
Fill out the short form and we will get in touch with you. We are continuously accepting applications, so feel free to contact us any time. See you soon!