- This event has passed.
peace&justice café: What’s the Role of the Private Sector? (In-Person/Online)
14 April @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Join us on April 14 as we highlight the role the private sector can, should, and does play in driving a more peaceful and just world. When it comes to the most critical issues of our time like climate change, inequity, poverty, social justice, or the Russian invasion of Ukraine, companies are increasingly being faced with calls to respond in a world that seems to be shifting beneath us by the day. At the next peace&justice café, professionals of The Hague’s public, private, and non-profit sectors will explore how the private sector chooses to respond to these calls and how NGOs, governments, and international organisations can shape this expanded role that they are carving out.
At this edition of the peace&justice café, network with organisations and businesses with experience of this new corporate adaptation to a more expectant public, and (re)connect on common goals.
If you would like to share your experiences, or have a great suggestion of another organization or a business for us, please contact email@example.com!
We’re excited to welcome the following speakers to the next edition of the peace&justice café on April 14:
- John Marks, Founder of Search for Common Ground and Confluence International: Roundabout host and Keynote panel participant, In-Person
- Brittany Sage Brown from The Kraft Heinz Company – Keynote panel participant, In-Person
- Maddalena Neglia from FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights) – Roundabout host, Virtual
- Piotr Drozd from Leaders for Climate Action – Roundabout host, Virtual
- Joanna van der Merwe and Manuel Ignacio Galdames Castillo from the Centre for Innovation Leiden University: Roundabout co-hosts, In-Person
- Ivana Ninčić from International Mediation Institute: Roundabout host, Virtual
- Alexander Gunkel from Space4Good: Roundabout host, Virtual
- Alexander Bertram from ActivityInfo and Claire Barnhoorn from Solvoz: Roundabout co-hosts, In-Person
- Noor Lekkerkerker from Upinion: Roundabout host, In-Person
- Katja Marianne Noordam from FairChange: Roundabout host, In-Person
The event will also be moderated by Connor Sattely.