- This event has passed.
Hard work and hazard: Youth and the rural economy in Africa
28 May @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
In this webinar, distinguished panellists will discuss the content and policy implications of two publications about rural youth in Africa.
Emeritus Professor Ben White will join other speakers and discussants to discuss the book ‘Hard work and Hazard. Youth and the rural economy in Africa’ edited by Dr. James Sumberg. The book is based on a multi-country, mixed-methods research programme in Africa that was funded by IFAD.
Speakers and discussants
- Dr Jim Sumberg, Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- Justin Flynn, Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
- Dr Thomas Yeboah, Bureau of Integrated Rural Development Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Professor Ben White, International Institute of Social Studies
- Dr Allesandra Garbero, Senior Economist, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Chair: Dr Marjoke Oosterom, Institute of Development Studies