In 2018, The Spindle and HumanityX (Centre for Innovation of Leiden University) collaborate in organising a series of monthly inspirational working sessions for our mutual communities! In these sessions, we’ll explore the relevance of (technological) trends for the future of development cooperation. The sessions are high in energy and always involve an expert. See what’s going on and get more grip on the implications and ideas that would work!
In this session, Tin Geber, the new social innovation expert with Hivos, will be giving a workshop on exclusion by technology.
The following themes will be discussed during this session:
– Exploring the reasons and trends behind the widening gap of techno-literacy.
– Analysing patterns of techno-colonialism in development.
– Identifying power dynamics and politics of data production, ownership and use.
– Learning about implicit and explicit methods of exclusion: from algorithmic bias to the Mosaic Effect.
– Jointly exploring subversion and deconstruction of techno-colonialism.
What can you expect from it?
– Increasing understanding of new (technology) trends.
– Identifying potential applications and use cases with real-life examples.
– Knowing how to start leveraging these opportunities for your organisation.
– Knowing trajectories to bring ideas further, the networks and methods to do so.
Location: The Hague Humanity Hub, Fluwelen Burgwal 58, The Hague
Date: Tuesday the 25th of September
Time: 15.30h-18.30h with networking drinks after!
Sign up here: