- This event has passed.
EuroScience Open Forum Leiden
13 July, 2022 – 16 July, 2022
Leiden is hosting the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) conference in 2022. This is the largest multidisciplinary scientific conference in Europe. Its tenth edition will be held in Leiden from 13 to 16 July 2022, in close collaboration with EuroScience in Strasbourg. Read all about the ESOF conference and how to register.
What is the theme of this year’s ESOF?
The theme is ‘Crossing Borders, Engaged Science, Resilient Societies’. This theme will allow us to explore topics such as:
- Sustainable environment (e.g. climate change, human rights, a sustainable way of living, green energy, citizen science, future mobility, future cities, economy)
- Cultural Identities and Societal Transformation (e.g. migration, fortress Europe, missions of museums and collections, contested heritage, art, protest movements)
- Space for science (e.g. search for earth, construction in space and on the moon, finding extra-terrestrial life, dark matter research, quantum computing)
- Healthy societies (e.g. chronic diseases, digital tools, increasing costs, interplay between industrial research and academic research, global inequalities, data protection, artificial intelligence)
- Freedom and responsibility of science (e.g. integrity in science advice, dialogue between science and policy, funding in freedom of science, responsible research and innovation, science diplomacy, conflicts of interests)
- Science and Business (e.g. entrepreneurial education, research performed in academia and industry, value-driven innovation, innovation out of the humanities)
- Sustainable Academic Careers (e.g. new career paths, research quality vs. quantity, the role of team science)
Find the full programme on ESOF2022.