- This event has passed.
Cooperative Urban Futures 2: Placemaking for sustainable transition at the street-level
1 June @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Do you think more emphasis should be put on creating streets for people and not cars?
Are you wondering how experimental placemaking initiatives can become permanent?
Join in on 1 June at 17.00 – 18.30 CEST to discuss how tactical urbanism, notably street-level experiments and placemaking, can lead to systemic sustainable transition at the city-level. With COVID-19 serving as both an accelerator and a barrier to placemaking and conviviality, we will examine some of the positive and negative aspects of the pandemic when it comes to street-level change. Experts from the field will come together to discuss the enablers and barriers to sustainable street transformation and look at how such initiatives can be upscaled.
- Luca Bertolini, Professor at the University of Amsterdam
- Anna Bradley, Researcher & Project Manager at STIPO and Placemaking Europe
- Julia Jarass, Researcher at the German Institute for Transport Research
- Lior Steinberg, Founder of Humankind
- Roland Krebs, SuperwienModerators: Bahanur Nasya, Eutropian & Livia del Conte, EUKN