- This event has passed.
Colombia past and present: peace and accountability for crimes committed against the Wiwa and Kankuamo indigenous peoples of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta
20 November @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
During this event organised by the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), representatives of the Wiwa and Kankuamo communities – 250 of whom were killed during the conflict in Colombia – will share their vision and experience of the conflict and the peace process in Colombia, including the processes before the Special Jurisdiction for Peace (JEP).
They will also discuss the ongoing violence in the Sierra Nevada region and Colombia, in particular killings, harassment and forced recruitment. Finally, after 17 years of a preliminary examination before the International Criminal Court (ICC), which was closed in 2021, the panelists will share their views on what the role of the Court should be in Colombia.
- Mr. Jaime Luis Arias Ramirez, Governor of the Kankuamo people
- Mr. Sebastián Pastor, traditional authority of the Wiwa people
- Ms. Jimena Reyes, director of the Americas for FIDH
- Mr. Sebastián Escobar Uribe, lawyer of the Lawyer’s Collective José Alvear
- Restrepo (CAJAR)
- Ms. Aro-Sanchez Miia, International Cooperation Adviser at the Office of the Prosecutor at the International
You can register by filling in the form below