The Community Development and Partnerships Lead has a key role in developing The Hague Humanity Hub community and services to improve the potential for impact of the Hub and our members. We are looking for a curious, innovative, can do sector professional to take on this exciting and challenging role.
- Develop and implement a community development and partnership strategy
- Develop and implement membership formats, value adding services, programs and events that help our members to connect, innovate and achieve more impact
- Maintain up to date insight of relevant policies and developments and sector trends and needs and apply these to further developing the Hub
Community Development and Partnerships
- Grow the community by targeting and recruiting diverse new members including governments, NGOs, commercial enterprises, startups and knowledge institutes
- Initiate and manage partnerships that add value to the Hub community
- Understand Hub members goals and actively broker relationships and facilitate relevant collaborations to support them in being more successful
- Design and implement membership formats, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Create (international) awareness of the Hub community and generate opportunities for the Hub and members to connect and participate in important events and developments
- Represent the Hague Humanity Hub at internal and external events
- Manage membership retention
Programming and Event Management
- Initiate programs and events to support the Hub community
- Ensure there is a good balance of knowledge events, social events and member recruitment activities
- End-to-end Design and (project)management of events
- Mobilize members to participate in or contribute to events
- Work closely with other members of the Hub team to support successful further development of the Hub including taking over other duties as required.
Experience & Requirements
- Innovative spirit with a demonstrated affinity with (the field of) peace, justice and humanitarian action
- Experience with and understanding of community development
- Experience with and understanding of programming and event management
- Existing network and insight into the Hague ecosystem of relevant organizations
- A curious, friendly/outgoing personality with a genuine interest in our community
- A flexible, can-do attitude, ready to jump in and help where needed and initiate improvements
- Masters Degree in International Relations, Development or similar
- 2 – 5 years of relevant professional working experience demonstrating community development and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- (Near) native verbal and written English & (ideally) Dutch.
- Already in possession of Dutch residency and work permits
- Ideally living in or close to The Hague
What we offer
- A one-year full-time contract with potential for extension.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- The chance to expand your network with leading innovators in the fields of peace, justice, and humanitarian action
- An energetic and purpose-driven organizational culture
- A great learning opportunity to develop your professional and social skills in a challenging yet rewarding startup environment
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Jill Wilkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Community Development and Partnerships Lead’ in the subject line. The application deadline is January 23 and interviews will be held on January 31.